In order to ensure a great experience for both our consignors and our guests, we have a strict set of policies. If you would like further clarification on any of the policies listed below, please contact us.
Change to Standard Payout Option Effective July 2022
Change in Fees for Mailed Checks To maintain our payout rate of 60% in the face of inflation and supply chain issues, we are implementing a small fee on all checks sent by mail. This fee will be $1.50 per check postmarked to cover rising material expenses while preserving our consignment structure. Here are ways to avoid or reduce the frequency of this fee:
Best Option: Switch to our floating payout option so that you have control over when we print and mail your checks. See “About Consigning” on our website to learn more. Send us an email to switch to this payout method to avoid paying this fee monthly for automatic payouts.
Good Option: If you are in Cookeville between the first and tenth of each month, simply swing by the store and pick up your check to avoid the fee.
- Hold no harm– We will do everything in our power to prevent theft and take great care of your items. However, in the event that items are stolen or damaged, we are not responsible for any loss of property or value.
- Consignor payments are made by check. Payments are processed on the 25th of each month, and available to be picked up from the store on the first of each month. If you pick up the check in person, you must have a valid state-issued ID that matches your consignor registration name. If checks are not collected by the tenth, then they will be mailed to the address listed on your account.
- We offer a standard 60/40 split on consigned items in favor of the consignor. For example, if we sell a $10 item for you, you will be paid $6.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination. It is our goal for everybody to feel welcome and appreciated in our store. Anybody that makes comments that are racist, sexist, or discriminatory against any group will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
- If you need to update any information in your consignor account (such as a mailing address), you need to have your state-issued ID with you. You can also update information by emailing us from the email with which you registered along with your request. Please email these requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All items will be priced by us according to our past sales and pricing data as well as public sales and pricing data available from online marketplaces. We look at which items actually sold and at which prices. If you are hoping to get a certain price for any items, please let us know when you drop off the items. If we believe we can accommodate that price, we will accept the item. If we don’t believe we can sell the item at the price you need, we will not accept the item. It is our goal to help our consignors get the full amount that their item is worth, so please be assured that we will price your items with careful consideration.
- Occasionally, shoppers make offers on items in the store below the price on the tag. We do not accept offers on items as it is our obligation to consignors to sell the item at its listed price.
- For the time being due to limited staffing, we do not accept any unscheduled drop offs that are not by registered consignors.
- We hold items we accept to a strict quality standard to ensure a great shopping experience that is safe and enjoyable for our guests. Please see our What We Accept page for full details. Items with pet hair or fuzzies that appear to be pet hair will not be accepted to protect guests with allergies.
- Each consignor is allowed to have up to two hundred items in our store at any given time. Consignors can bring in up to fifty items per drop off appointment. Consignors can schedule one drop off per week until they hit their maximum number of items limit.
- Items remain in the store for approximately 120 days. We cannot prepare your items for you before your pick up time. Once they are dropped off, they must stay with us until the official pick up date. After that, consignors will be contacted to schedule a pick up or donation to a nonprofit of their items. Items that have already been in the store 120 days without selling will not be permitted to be dropped off again.
- Our new pricing system automatically reduces the price of items that have not sold. If an item does not sell, the price will automatically be reduced by 25% of the original price after 30, 60, and 90 days. These discounts are shown on the tag along with the date that they will be discounted.
As items will now be automatically discounted if they stay in the store for more than 30 days, we will no longer be hosting our monthly clearance sales. However, we may still host them on occasion for items that have been in the store longer than 30 days. Items that have been in the store less than 30 days will never be sold at a discount.
Some items are selected for us to sell through other sales channels beyond our physical store, such as eBay. When we sell through these other channels that charge us a fee to sell, we increase the listing price of the item equivalent to the fee associated with selling through that channel to be sure we get our consignors the full agreed upon amount for their items.
- Size 3X and up is always needed. If you know anybody that has these sizes, please put us in contact with them.
- If items are not picked up after we have contacted you about a pick up and/or we cannot reach you at your provided contact information and no other arrangements are made, the items will be automatically donated to a nonprofit. Items that have aged past 120 days need to be picked up within two weeks. Items that cannot be put out for sale due to quality issues need to be picked up within one week. If you are concerned about finding a time to pick up your items, please contact us promptly.
- If you would like to use your earnings from the sale of your items as in-store credit during the month, you will need to bring a state-issued ID that matches your registered consignor information.
- If an item is accepted and later found to be in a condition that prevents us from selling it, it will be pulled from the sales floor. Consignors will be contacted to pick up the item(s) or make arrangements within seven days. Consignors can also choose to donate the item to a nonprofit. If the item is not picked up, it will be donated to a nonprofit.
- We accept consignors and drop offs on a first come, first serve basis. If we run out of room to display items, we may accept some to store until room is available. If we are completely full, we cannot accept additional drop offs until we have more room. Please schedule your drop offs at the earliest time you are available.
- Items cannot be picked up before their 120 day period is up. If you have items that need to be picked up, we will reach out via email.
- We reserve the right to update this list of policies. If we do need to make a change, all consignors will be contacted by email to ensure they know a change is taking place and that they agree to the new terms.
- We reserve the right to host occasional clearance sales at our discretion to sell items that have been in the store 60 days or longer. If we choose to hold one of these sales, the discounts will be in addition to the price on the tag. We will not hold these sales more often than once every three months.
Stay in touch with Blossom+! We send out coupons about twice a month, and not much else besides the occasional announcement. We don't share your information with third parties or send many emails.